Thursday, November 17, 2011

If I ever ever ever EVER open a bakery...

I'll take some inspiration from Meg Ray of Miette Pastry Shop in San Francisco.

She says: "I believe you are not a better baker by inventing more and more cakes, you are a better baker by doing a few cakes really well"

She makes: Strawberry charlotte; old fashioned cake; tomboy cake; lemon tart; chocolate sables; and this princess cake.

My version:
It started out as Miette 'hot milk' cupcakes, which flopped.
So I thought I'd turn it into a princess cake, but I had run out of fondant.
So then I just made up my own creation!

Which actually wasn't wonderful.
Clearly, I have a long way to go before I'm mastering a few special recipes!

2 comments:

  1. I do love the green icing :-)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath,
    This cake looks amazing. what the heck is in the filling?! looks fabulous.
    DanH

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...