Sunday, April 11, 2010

My bare couch

It has been almost a year since we moved into our own little home. Unfortunately, I have been so slack in decorating that it still looks like a rental house. The walls are bare (apart from one in the lounge, only recently finished), and there is a distinct lack of colour and interest. It's about time for some cushion work. I'm declaring the month of April to be cushion month amongst my blogging friends. If your couch is overdue for some cushy love, please join me! Yesterday I purchased these fat quarters from Funky Fabrix so I'm armed and ready to share my progress.

Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! While I have a tendency to over-accessorise ( and the pillows all seem to end up on the floor, EVERY day) my tired old cushions definitely need a lift. Thanks for the kick up the bum! And what's with the matching sailor outfits?? Made me laugh out loud ;0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! My couches are looking very sad too. I did start new cushions 2 months ago, but only got a couple finished. Your fabrics look great, cant wait to see the results!
    I am also very excited to read your baby news, how wonderful for you and your family! Nothing like a bit of nesting instinct to kick of house decorating and organising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I'll make some for my bed! Also...you went to Funky Fabrix without me!?! :O hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cushions need updating. I made some cushion covers about 4yrs ago but we are in need of new inspiration in our lounge room. Sounds like the challenge is on Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh those fabrics are yummy! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics you have chosen - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...