Monday, April 20, 2009

Pom poms


I saw a great red hooded towel (at Sambag) and wanted to make one for India and my niece Rayya, for Christmas last year. I couldn't get any red towelling or pom pom trim at the time so we ended up with a more subdued version of white with peppermint green trim. I must admit that the white hood looks a little bit scary (KKK like?) from the back, but from the front her cheeky eyes and grin framed by that string of pom poms could melt your heart! I found out afterwards that the towel fits Elara too, though it's a lot shorter! Though I used towelling by the metre, you could also easily cut up an old towel, and hand towel (for the hood) to make this. I figured this pattern out myself because I wanted the design to be just like the one I'd seen (!), but there are plenty of tutorials for similar online.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...