Monday, March 30, 2009

When children bloom

"Whenever she turned her steep focus to me, I felt the warmth that flowers must feel when they bloom through the snow, under the first concentrated rays of the sun" (Janet Fitch).
At the end of every day I am always weary from the many hours of absorbing and attending to the 'tell me about the sky Mum', and the 'Oh-a, oh-a' (read me Charlie and Lola books Mum), and the 'I'm hungry Mum' and the 'you hide and I'll find you Mum'. Though I can give them lots of time as a stay-at-home Mum, sometimes it's a struggle to give my blue-ribbon attention. And while Tim is great at giving the girls quality time, they really glowed this week after a quantity of time with their Dad. Seeing them thrive is certainly worth the tough days, and encourages me to press on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...