Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Make those bodies sing


Bananas are not my idea of a delicious ingredient from which to base a cake recipe. But since banana cake is Tim’s favourite, and we had some browning bananas, I made one. I must admit, as I pulled the hot tin from the oven, it did smell and look good, but this wasn’t enough evidence for me to try it this time! Tim and India loved it though, so I thought I’d put up the recipe for you to test…

Preheat oven to 200°C.

Lightly grease a square (or round or loaf) tin.

With an electric beater, beat 2 tbs butter and ¾ cup (plus some) raw sugar until well combined.

Add 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla and 3 ripe bananas and beat until combined.

Fold in 1 ½ cups of sifted plain flour, 3 tsp baking powder and a dash of cinnamon.

Add 2 tbs milk and fold to combine.

Pour into tin and bake until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (about 35mins in my oven.)

Stand cake in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy (or watch other people enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...